BuildYourCNC is now pleased to offer Vectric software. Vectric has proven itself as a titan in the CAM software industry with an impressive range of software titles that suit the needs of most everyone.
A physical DVD containing the software and license will be mailed to you by shipping method of your choice. Most single orders will be shipped same or next business day.
Should I purchase VCarve Pro or VCarve Desktop?
Generally VCarve Desktop is for smaller CNC machines. The working area for Desktop is limited to 24"x24" (600mm x 600mm).
Note: The following is taken directly from Vectric's Website:
The Desktop edition offers great value for money if:
You have a small, light duty, CNC machine.
You mostly work on parts that are smaller than 24” x 24” (600mm x 600mm).
You do not require production level layout, cutting or toolpath optimisations
You do not have a rotary axis on your CNC
You are a hobbyist or maker on a tight budget
Worried you might need Pro after all? Don’t worry, upgrading from Desktop to Pro will only cost you the difference between the retail prices of each product, so there is no penalty if you change your mind later.
VCarve Desktop and Pro - Features
- Complete set of 2D Design and Layout Tools
- Layer control, Guide lines, Snap Grid
- Text Editing + Single Line Engraving Fonts
- 2D File Import - DWG, DXF, EPS, AI, PDF, SKP, SVG
- Image File Import - BMP, JPG, TIF, GIF
- Vectorize images to create vectors for machining
- Single 3D File Import (STL, OBJ, 3DM, SKP etc.)
- Import Multiple Vectric 3D Clip Art Files for Layout and Assembly (V3M file format)
- Includes 100+ 2D Clip Art Designs
- Includes 300+ 3D Clip Art Models
- Robust V-Carving
- Raised 3D Prism machining
- Moulding Toolpaths - to create constant cross section profiles, arches, frames etc.
- Auto-Inlays with multiple options
- 3D Random Texturing Toolpath
- 2D Profiling with Interactive Tabs / Bridges, Lead and Ramp options
- Pocketing with optimization for 2 cutters
- Drilling with option for Peck Drilling
- Beveled Letters
- Custom Molding and Form Cutters
- 3D Roughing and Finishing Toolpaths
- Multi-color Toolpath Previews