The huge 5'x10' (greenBull 5X) has the ability to mill up to 5'x10' sheets, so if you're milling sheets that come wider than 4 feet, the 5X has that little extra size you need to get the job done in no time. We also offer a Long Z option with the capabilities to machine thick foam.
Table or Torsion Box Not Included
Bigger. Faster. Stronger.
The greenBull 5X Heavy Duty CNC is a fully equipped CNC machine kit that will allow you to mill full length 5' x 10' sheets. So if you're milling Baltic Birch that comes in standard 5' x 5' sheets, this is a perfect machine for you.
The 5X is designed to go well above and beyond what is usually expected out of a budget-priced CNC. The cutting area of 5'x10' is generally much larger than what you'll find in this target price range. The heavy duty gantry is designed to take a pounding day in and day out.
The greenBull series, like all our machines, is American-made in the great state of Texas. Whether you're looking to automate the process for general woodworking applications, cabinetry, sign-making, construction, or milling other material like acrylic or light aluminum, the greenBull has the power to significantly reduce your production time.
Basic Kit – with 2.2kW Spindle - Includes everything in the basic kit and a 2.2kW Spindle with 220V Inverter. Does not include: Table, Computer, Software, Bits (end mills) Spindle is water-cooled and requires some additional wires and plumbing equipment. We recommend you seek a licensed electrician for installation. If you don’t have access to 220V power, we can provide you with a 110V inverter. Contact us for a custom quote. Note: THE MACHINE KIT ASSEMBLY PROCESS IS VERY DIFFICULT. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ON YOUR ABILITY TO PUT A KIT TOGETHER IT IS STRONGLY RECOMENTED TO PURCHASE AN ASSEMBLED MACHINE. VERY LIMITED SUPPORT FOR KIT PURCHASES.
Assembled Version – with 2.2kW Spindle - Includes everything in the basic kit – with 2.2kW Spindle. We assemble the gantry for you and ship it to you in a crate via freight carrier (you choose during checkout). You will still need to construct your own table for the gantry and install the aluminum rail on it.
Computer and Control Box Options -
Basic Assembled Control Box redFly – with this option we install and wire the electronics in a custom-made control box. This is a great option if you want to save the time of wiring and mounting the electronics yourself.
Assembled Control Box with Deluxe Computer – Includes the control box option plus an integrated computer built into the control box. The computer features an Intel Pentium 3.0 GHz processor with 2GB of RAM and a Seagate 1TB Internal Hard Drive. This package includes Mach3 CNC software and a Windows 7 Professional license, which we will register in your name and pre-install on the computer for you.
- The greenBull 5X features a standard travel size of 5 feet by 10 feet.
- Actual table dimension for the 5'x10' are 67.3587"x145.5" (the overhang in the illustrations should be 3/4" thick)
- The overall design has increased rigidity for the new routing/milling area but still maintains the aesthetics that are common across all of the machines on this site.
- To guarantee that the gantry doesn't flex at all, a series of ribs were added within the gantry box making the entire gantry very similar to a torsion box.
- The motors selected for all of the axes are NEMA 34 with 1/2" shafts (driven by 6.0 amp drivers).
- The dust shoe is redesigned to provide better dust extraction capability.
Important Things to Know:
- The entire machine kit will take about 10-14 business days to produce and send out under normal circumstances. During busy periods this could increase to 15-21 business days. You can always contact us for an accurate estimate before purchasing. Assembled Machines will take longer as they have to be produced to order. Expect a lead time of 3-4 weeks for assembled machines.
- We include a standard amount of 50 feet of motor cable for the greenBull 5X. The recommended length is for systems in which the computer will be placed right next to the machine. If you plan on having the computer further away from the machine you will need to purchase longer cable lengths. If you are unsure about how many feet of cable you need, please call or email us and we will assist you.
- If you are purchasing a 2.2KW Spindle with Inverter, Laser Attachment, or both, you will need a water cooling system for each. This is a simple system using silicon tubing, a water pump and a 5 gallon bucket
- The Spindle will require 12/3, 14/3, or 16/3 gauge cable for wiring from the inverter to the wall. You will also need 4 conductor wire for wiring the Spindle to the inverter as a 4th wire for ground is needed. It is important to understand the electrical requirements for wiring the Spindle, so for this reason we strongly recommend you check with a licensed electrician before attempting to wire it.
Table (Frame) Dimensions:
- Actual table dimension: 5'x10' is 67.3587"x145.5" (the overhang in the illustrations should be 3/4" thick)
- To determine the frame dimensions, first consider using the frame height shown of almost 3' (2.86'). The width of the frame should be 4" narrower than the dimension from rail edge to rail edge (5X rail to rail is 67.3587"). This will provide a 2" overhang on both sides (5X frame width should be 63.3587").
- The length of the frame should be 4" shorter than the desired length of the rails to provide a 2" overhang on both ends. The travel length will be 20" shorter than the rail length due to the space occupied by the gantry sides.
- Two long pieces of 3/4" material will need to be placed on top of the frame with the 2" overhang on the sides and the end. These long strips of material will receive the rails and the chain mounts on the ends.
For International Buyers: Please do not use our shipping calculator if you are attempting to purchase a product that needs to be freighted and is outside of the United States. Please contact us and we will arrange a freight quote for you. Any products bought requiring freight will be subject to additional shipping charges if purchased without receiving a freight quote.
Wiring Diagrams and Tutorials:
2.2KW Spindle Wiring: Diagram
How to Program Inverter / VFD: Click Here
Mach3 USB Interface Board Wiring: Diagram
Parallel Breakout Board: Diagram | Video Tutorial
USB Breakout Board: Diagram | Video Tutorial
Accuracy and Precision
The resolution per axis is variable as you can change the driver's microstepping, but I typically set the parameters so that the mechanical and digital combination configuration yields greater than 1000 steps per inch. The x and y axes mechanical systems are based on roller chain which is tensioned. This provides a reduction in backlash, so the precision is very good (repeatability). The accuracy is generally based on how well the machine in calibrated and squared. Squaring is very simple as the gantry is squared by a combination of adjusting the roller chain sprockets on each side of the gantry and the adjustment of the gantry back hardware. Once the machine is squared and in a relaxed state, the hardware is tightened to maintain square permanently. Calibration is done through software and is as accurate as the physical measurement system is.